If you’re getting an error about not having a GPS signal when opening Pokémon Go on your iPhone, you there are a number of steps you can take
Still getting a GPS error? Close the app and reload it
Sometimes a quick close and re-opening is all that you need to reconnect to find a GPS signal and get back to the game.
- Return to the Home screen, if you can, by pressing the Home button.
- Open a new app, and take a few minutes to do something else. (Or better yet: Explore the area where you’ve been searching for Pokémon without your eyes glued to a screen!)
- Double-press the Home button to enter the multitasking screen.
- Swipe to the Pokémon Go card.
- Tap on the Pokémon Go card to reenter the app.
Still can’t solve the GPS issue?
If, after going outside, turning on Wi-Fi, and closing and reloading the app you are still getting a ‘GPS signal not found’ error, it may be a problem with Niantic’s servers. Give it some time: the app is incredibly popular, and the servers may just be overloaded.