The anger of a stubborn child is considered to be one of the common behavioral disorders of the child, the most common at the end of the first year of life, peaks between 2 and 4 years of age and then subsides after the age of five. After the age of five years may continue throughout the childhood.
What is this situation and how do you pretend when a child is stubborn?
The child may stubbornly throw himself on the ground, step or hit the ground with his hands and feet, and may hit around him and kick them with his feet, or throw them with what is in his hands, And some stubborn children reach to the extent that may harm himself or around him, and may be infected stubborn child adulteration and imprisonment of the breath (Nub Zarqa crying intensity).
What is the cause of the child’s stubbornness and infuriating him?
The main cause of this condition is the beginning of the development of the state of independence in the child, it is a natural developmental and transitory, often, but the stimuli of these Nub may not match the intensity and this raises the surprise of parents and feel that they failed to raise this child! The child refuses to wear the hat before going out of the house, or because the color of the milk is different this time! Causing him a bout of anger, and the most important of these stimuli:
- Non-fulfillment of the wishes of the child: a game he wants to practice or obtain
- Child fatigue and sleepiness and desire to play
- Child hunger
- Try to draw parents’ attention to something or to avoid doing something
- The child is exposed to the shackles with the beginning of his going to the nursery
- This situation is most common in the child when both parents or one of them is very hard with the child or, conversely, when he is very lenient.
- In rare cases, they may cause a physical, psychological or social condition in the child
When do I doubt that the nub that affects my stubborn child can be due to a physical, psychological or social condition in the child? And it is not a natural evolutionary state?
This should be doubted when each seizure lasts for more than 15 minutes and the nub is repeated several times each day.
What do I do during a stubborn child’s tantrum?
Remember that this seizure is a normal behavior in the child and the stage of maturity, and remember that trying to scream in the face of stubborn child and loss of control over yourself will worsen the situation and should not try it and there is no need to insist on stopping Nubia always, and to stop the bout you Follow the following sequence until the child responds stubbornly and each of the following attempts should be for minutes:
- Ignore the stubborn child for a moment or leave him alone if he is in a safe place, he may stop acting alone
- Try to draw the stubborn child’s attention to something else around him: a bell, a story and a try to shatter it
- If the child does not stop stubbornly when you ignore him, ask the child to stop simply
- If the child does not respond and his behavior is awkward, the child’s physical condition must be corrected (eg, raised from the ground). The child is placed in his / her room at home and is required to stay alone in the room for 5 minutes, To his room if he tries to leave before 5 minutes. In public or home, the child is placed in a chair for 1 to 5 minutes (punishment chair). He is asked to remain calm. From which to stay for an additional period of several minutes …. This punishment should be repeated whenever necessary without boredom.
- Do not try to reprimand the child or punish him physically
When should I consult a pediatrician about a stubborn child?
Most cases are sound and transient, and consult a pediatrician to confirm the child’s stubborn situation in the following cases:
If Nub is accompanied by anger with the breath of self-denial and adultery
If the seizure lasts for more than 15 minutes
If the child does several nub a day
If the child harms himself or anyone around him during the nub
The condition is accompanied by recurrent night nightmares and other behavioral problems
What do I do to avoid such a frenzy when a stubborn child?
Be rational with the stubborn child, and try to let him know that what is forbidden will be forbidden, and what is allowed will be allowed!
I leave the stubborn child with reasonable freedom with simple and possible choices, and that he does not indulge in health and safety, for example! As happens when a child refuses to wear a seat belt.
Do not over-stress your stubborn child or his connotations
Do not try to reprimand the stubborn child or punish him physically and show him your love and interest in him outside the nub
If the stubborn child hits you in anger: talk to him after he calms down and ask him if he likes to beat him as he hits you!
If the stubborn child does the filling in a public place, try to handle it outside
Examples of angry child’s anger and how to deal with it:
Q: A child between 1 and 4 years of age responds to all my questions and requests with a word no. He starts to refuse the food he loved, sometimes reverses what he is asked for, and gets angry for a simple reason!
A: This child has a completely natural evolutionary state called anger, and is an appropriate opportunity to enhance his sense of independence, and let him do what he wants as he wants, but within the controls, and not punish him, and will fall back with time, and give him the concern of Play, and show him love and tenderness.
Q: A child is more than 4 years old, and has frequent episodes of anger and stubbornness, and has smooth stools and difficulty communicating with his friends!
A: This child has a behavioral disorder, and should consult a pediatrician, or a psychiatrist
Q: My child gets angry and stubborn in school and is aggressive towards teachers and other children!
A: This child is likely to have a behavioral disorder or have difficulty learning. You should meet with the child’s teacher and try to find out why the child is being provoked. Check with your pediatrician. The child may need to assess his or her hearing and vision. From the child trying to solve his problems in the school quietly pending the treatment of the matter